Thursday, May 24, 2018

LIFE PLAN

I had a life plan when I was form 4. I remember sitting in class with my friends, talking about where we are heading after school and what do we want for our future to be like. I had small group of friends that have almost the same set of mind like I did. We wanted a future that suits ourselves. We talked about it almost every month, drawing our ideal future in our mind.

My plan was to finish school, continue my studies up to degree, get a job, save money to take care of my parents, travel, get married (probably) and continue life as is

Well, the plan as vague. I was 16, nothing was set in stone yet and I was still planning as I go but the main plan was as stated above. Nothing changes except when I finished my degree in TESL. I didn't know what to do after that. I had my plan but towards the end, things changes. First off, I didn't think that I was going to be a teacher. So the idea of going back to school to teach is somewhat new and I realize that the plan I had when I was 16 was somewhat flawed (obviously).

I did not take into consideration that there are many possibilities in life and I might end up where I least expected. I love teaching, I really do. The idea that I might be a teacher, a real teacher, one day seemed surreal to me when I finished my degree. I didn't complete my application to be a teacher but instead I applied to continue my studies. I am  now at the final stage of my master. By the end of this year, I'm done.

I'm back to the same stage where I need to move on to the next phase of my life, get a job. Part of me want to move on and part of me want to continue my studies. Both, in my opinion, would benefit me in the future but I had to choose one. I'm terrified. I wish I was as confident as I was when I was 16. Being young made you think that anything is possible. You aren't tainted by ideas of failure, you just go with it and try everything.

My friends have moved on to the work phase of their life long before I finish my degree. I admire their will to survive and to face life without fear. One of them even move to the marriage stage and I am so happy for each and every one of them. Me on the other hand, still figuring out my life

(update)
I wrote this months ago, it's may 2018 now and things have changed. I was worried but alhamdulillah rezeki came and I got a job offer so now the plan changes again. 16 year old aliaa would be proud! I'm still planning for the future, there are many possibilities and I will not stop learning. I'm going to continue with my studies. Pray for me, whoever is reading. thank you, much love 

No comments: